Friday, January 22, 2010

BING! You have me thinking

#2 on the top 10....BING!

BING!, Microsoft's search engine to rival Google, has me impressed so far.  If anything, it prompted me to look at my competitors and for crying out loud, put some rage in my blood that I'm not as high as them on a couple of search engines.  Time to turn up the heat.

It's a beautiful site and a very concise search engine that doesn't seem to breakdown the words you use into separate words so you get a gazillion results.  For instance, if I type in:  "Harford County eggbrain" I get 2 results.  Which means, to my business, I need more link sharing out there (anyone interested?)  AND they are relevant links (one of them is with James D. Otte, from ottelaw.com)

On Google, I'm tops, sure, but the next few entries covers this blog...old entries.

I don't think that really helps me ENTIRELY, but it almost helps.  I guess.

What upset me the most is my search engine ranking (tanking?). Yeah, I'll admit it, it's not the best and I have to step it up to beat my competitors, so upwards and onwards.

So yes, I endorse Bing!  They give me a focused search.  OH!  And cashback on shopping.  As a small business, that's key.  I don't have to worry about Google AdWords to get by (which, by the way, you can't have a P.O. Box for them to mail click throughs).



Compute safely!

No comments: