Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Most Important Thing I've Ever Done...

...is offer a personal professional opinion on technology.  Because technology should be that to you, a personal tool used for both personal and professional purposes. 

Is this what the iPad does?  See for yourself in the release article written by the IBTimes.

A lot of traditional media sees this as a new way of reaching its readers and are heading Apple's way.  Of course, there'll be apps available to it.  It seems to do everything a laptop does...it's just flat and you can touch the screen and it's the size of a US Standard sheet of paper.  According to the article, seeing the whole screen is a big deal.  There's going to be iBooks.  If iSee another ixyz I'm going to iPuke.

You'll have to pay extra for 3G services (this is where they getcha, and I don't think the addition is correct in the article). 

I'll admit, there may be some practicality in this item, but it has more of a "cool" factor than anything else from my opinion.  A glorified smartphone or an undersized laptop.  I'm awaiting to see what the limitations are.

In the meantime, would I need it?  No.  I'm sure many people will find a use for it.  As far as I can see, it's an Apple laptop in new packaging.  An iPhone on steroids.  I'm not a gadget guy.  And it's expensive for what it is.

If the stock thing is any indication:  "Shares generally rose in anticipation of the event, but Apple dropped 1.68 percent, or 3.46 dollars as Jobs took the stage ."...we'll see how things go.

-eggBrain

No comments: