Friday, January 8, 2010

Drop It...just drop it

Just a couple of nights ago, I decided to use drop.io or rather, test it out and it worked wonderful.  My colleague and I could see real time changes to documents as they happened and were able to upload and edit notes, photos, links, etc. 


What is drop.io you say?  As per the website:

"Use drop.io to privately share your files and collaborate in real time by web, email, phone, mobile, and more. Create each drop in two clicks and share what you want, how you want, with whom you want."

And that's the truth!  It is totally great.  I'm able to send an e-mail to it (or anybody can send an email to it for that matter) and it becomes a note.  We can schedule a time to meet if necessary to discuss a certain item on the list, or the project at the drop.  It's a real nice collaboration tool! (Chats, etc.  and you can even call a phone number to leave a voicemail that'll leave an .mp3 for a discussion or comment)  I like it a lot.  I do plan on testing Dim Dim soon, but this is incredible.

Oh, and you won't have to worry about it being available forever, you can set the time as to how long the drop is active.

COST:  Free up to 100MB/drop and you can create as many drops as you'd like.

In any case, I have a tight schedule next week, being that this week I've had to move other scheduled items around and decided to do a collaboration online using drop.io with a client of mine.  I told him it would save time and money.  But that didn't sell at all.

This is frustrating:  1)  Now I have to spend time on the road which is lost business time with other clients.  I don't like "dashboard time" which is what a prospect called his driving time.  2)  And I have to spend more money on gas. 

Granted, I'm happy to keep the customer happy, but this leads to other customers probably not being happy.  Good thing is, with this client, it's time to renegotiate terms so I'll be doing that before anything else happens in the meeting.

Ok, that being all said.  It will be a primary way I communicate with my customers: online collaboration to save us all time and money.

Wish me luck and compute safely.

-eggBrain

No comments: